Kirkland Minoxidil vs. SMP

Walk down the hair care aisle of any drugstore and you are bound to practically trip over all the brands of hair loss formulas on the market. Some profess to stop your hair from falling. Others say that they will actually grow hair (if you’re one of the lucky ones). And not a single one of them works for everyone. Grab one off of the shelf and take a look at the side effects and cautionary remarks listed on the back. Scary, isn’t it? It should be! Most of these formulas contain chemicals that can have unfortunate side effects.

Scalp micropigmentation, on the other hand, is safe, appropriate for everyone, and shows immediate results. Possibly best of all, you don’t have to apply messy lotions or potions every day. Once you’re done with the treatment, you’re done. Let’s take a look at a comparison between one of the top hair loss remedies, Kirkland Minoxidil, and SMP.

What is Kirkland Minoxidil?

Kirkland offers multiple products – extra strength, signature 5%, a topical aerosol, moisture shampoo, conditioner, etc. What’s astonishing is that we were hard-pressed to find any of these products that didn’t say “For Men”.  Perhaps they are unaware that hair loss is a problem plaguing untold numbers of women, not just the guys. (Technically, minoxidil has been reported to cause a number of side effects in women which are, to put it lightly, undesirable.)

Pros and Cons of Kirkland Minoxidil

Pros:

  • It is FDA approved
  • Can improve blood flow to hair follicles
  • No prescription is needed
  • Has an 85% chance of growing new hair

Cons:

  • That 85% chance just mentioned could occur over two years (apparently, the other 15% are out of luck)
  • If you’re that fifth individual in the four out of five listed above, apparently your hair loss won’t stop
  • You must use this product every day and, therefore, purchase it repeatedly
  • There are multiple products to purchase and to decide between
  • Because this is a one-size-fits-all formula, it is not appropriate for everyone
  • This treatment is not considered herbal by any means
  • If you stop using it, hair loss continues
  • Can be difficult to apply
  • Shedding may occur during the first two weeks of usage (they say this is a good sign)

What is SMP?

SMP stands for scalp micropigmentation. What this boils down to is a highly advanced process that (more or less) “tattoos” pigments onto your scalp thereby creating the look of actual hair in any style or color that you choose. They can even match the exact color of your existing hair, should you still have any. It can give the look of a full head of hair to someone who is completely bald or simply fill in areas of thinning hair. This technique should, however, only be executed by experienced, highly trained technicians.

Pros and Cons of SMP

Pros:

  • The effects can last up to 15 years in individuals who exercise proper care
  • There are no multiple purchases and costs – just a one-time charge
  • There are no side effects from harsh or harmful chemicals
  • No drippy solutions, creams, or foams need be used
  • There is no need for daily applications
  • Once the process is completed, it is easier to care for than actual hair

Cons:

  • You will need to opt for a conservative hairline
  • Once the pigments are on your scalp, you will need laser removal to reverse the SMP procedure if you change your mind later

The Bottom Line – SMP is Better Than Kirkland Minoxidil

Because SMP works for everyone and doesn’t take repeated applications before the individual can see results, it is clearly the winner here. Not everyone benefits from hair loss formulas and, truth be told, there can be dangerous and unpleasant side effects from them. There isn’t enough time in anyone’s day to be dealing with that kind of hassle. So, do yourself a favor and tackle your hair loss problem head-on. Give Jonathan Gerow SMP today and find out firsthand just how amazing SMP can be, and how it can enhance your life!