Hair loss can cause a stressful experience for both men and women. However, the consequences of hair loss tend to hit harder for some women. Women’s rogaine foam products are one of the common hair loss solutions you can consider but in the recent years, SMP have come out on top as it offers better benefits than women’s rogaine products. If you are wondering how these two hair loss solutions compare against each other, you have come to the right place:
What is Women’s Rogaine?
Women’s rogaine products are designed to combat female pattern baldness, i.e., hereditary hair loss. Women, who experience gradual thinning of the hair on top of the scalp, tend to use this topical hair regrowth treatment. If used regularly, women’s rogaine may prevent further hair loss. Women’s rogaine also contains minoxidil, which is a vasodilator prescribed for high blood pressure. Some researchers believe that the ingredient can extend the time hair spends in its active growth phase.
Pros and Cons of Women’s Rogaine
- Once-a-day application
- May renew hair’s growth cycle
- Revitalizes shrunken hair follicles
- May cause shortness of breath
- May cause headaches or muscle pain
- May cause local redness or rash
- May cause sudden weight gain
- May cause rapid heartbeat
- May cause low or high blood pressure
- May cause faintness
What is SMP?
How can one who’s losing hair still achieve the look of having shaved or short hair? It’s possible when you go for SMP of course. Also known as scalp micropigmentation, the process involves the strategic placement of natural pigments to bald areas on your scalp. What’s more, SMP is a non-surgical scalp grooming method so say goodbye to painful procedures.
Pros and Cons of SMP
- Disguise scars and thinning
- Simple procedure with a fast healing process
- Achieve a youthful look that lasts for years
- Realistic results that matches the color of existing hair
- No major risks involved as it does not use any chemicals
- Non-invasive technique
- More affordable in the long term
- Great options for individuals wanting to hide imperfections
- Does not require heavy maintenance
- You do not need to take any medication after your SMP sessions
- Doesn’t require significant maintenance
- One of the most cost-effective hair loss solutions available today
- Not designed to create volume or a 3D effect
- Best for creating a buzzed look on bald heads
- Slight possibility where SMP does not age naturally
The Bottom Line – SMP Is Better Than Women’s Rogaine
Hair loss is already causing a rush of negative emotions and why would you want to subject yourself to further suffering that comes with women’s rogaine products? Not every individual can take women’s rogaine and may suffer from side effects such as feelings of faintness, rapid heartbeat, and shortness of breath. SMP applies natural and organic pigments to your scalp, and there are no known side effects even today. It is a painless procedure and any slight discomfort experience will quickly fade off once the session is over. With that in mind, it is clear that SMP is the winner. If you wish to learn more about SMP and its benefits, don’t hesitate to contact Jonathan Gerow SMP today.